You can now make Option Samurai monitor the market for you and alert you if a new options trade fits your criteria. This is a very powerful tool that saves you time and helps you gain an edge in the market, even if you are not in front of the computer all the time.
Option Samurai Supports the following alerting functions:
- Watch a saved scan - notifies you of new additions to a scan you choose. This is useful to find new stocks to trade.
- Schedule scan results - send you an email with the scan at a specific time. This is useful for morning scans, or mid-day activity, etc. (Coming 2022)
- Trade log alerts - Sends you relevant information on trades in your trade log. (Coming 2022)
Watch a Scan
Watch a scan can be activated on any predefined or saved scan. When active, Samurai will send an email on any new stock that appears in the scan.
How to use:
- Make sure the scan is saved.
- Click the 'watch' icon. Click 'Confirm' to start watching.
- You will receive an email when a new ticker appears on the first page of the scan.
- in the saved scans tab or predefined scans tab, click on a watched scan (you can see a green icon next to the scan)
- Click stop watching.
- It is better to monitor restrictive scans because they provide less noise and more valuable alerts.
- Using the monitoring feature with your watchlist (universe) is very powerful and will save you a lot of time in your trading.
- If you hit your monitoring limit, every new scan you monitor will replace the oldest monitor.
- If you see a red icon next to the scan, there is an error. Click on the watch icon to see details on that error and how to fix it.
Using the monitoring features is very intuitive and powerful. Moreover, they work very well with the other components in Samruai. Here are some use-cases examples:
- Find new naked put trades on stocks in your watchlist that dropped 5% in the trading session.
- Find new Iron condor trades that have an extremely high-profit ratio.
- Find new trades on stocks with unusual volume.
- Find cheap calls to trades on stocks in your watchlist.
- Get scan results to your email in the morning and mid-day.
- Get a weekend report on stocks that have dividends and earnings in the following week.
- And much, much more.
Advance - Monitoring logic
This section describes the logic of the watch feature to provide a better understanding of how it works. You can skip this part.
- The watch feature is initialized by taking a scan and using that snapshot to compare changes.
- We use only the first page results (first 25 results). So sorting is very valuable.
- We run the scan intraday and compare the results. Every time a new stock appears on the first page of the scan, we send an email.
- You will get notified on each stock a maximum of one time a day (this reduces noise in choppy markets)